Check In/Check Out
You may check in from 14.00 Check out is by 11.00 on the day of departure
A late check out of 12pm can be offered for £20 subject to availability; please enquire in advance.
Bookings must be cancelled 48 hours in advance of the arrival date. In the event of cancellation after the 48 hour point, the first nights accommodation charge will be levied against the card number used for guarantee at the time of booking and subsequent nights will be released. In the event of non-arrival the total cost of the reservation will be charged and subsequent nights released.
When booking an advance purchase special rate please note that these bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, the above cancellation policy being overridden in favour of offering a discounted rate at the time of booking. Such rates will be clearly titled as such on our online booking tool.
*Please note that cancellation terms may vary when booking through a third party website or online travel agents. Whilst the above terms are correct for all bookings made directly through this, our own website, please double check the terms to which you are agreeing/bound when booking or having booked through a third party or agent. Cancellations of bookings made through a third party or online travel agent must be made through your chosen booking agent directly.
All prices are quoted in British Pounds (GBP) and are inclusive of VAT of 20%
Guests’ liability for their account is not waived and guests agree to be held personally liable in the event that any indicated person, group, company or association fails to pay all or part of any charges incurred.
Damage to hotel property
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hotel’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
Removal of hotel property
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
Tampering with fire detection systems and fire fighting equipment
We reserve the right to take action against any guest found to have tampered / interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the hotel, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the hotel due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the hotel. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion. Should the fact that fire fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
It is the hotel’s policy that all our guests have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and as a responsible host we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behaviour. Should any actions by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Duty Manager, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the Duty Manager, the hotel reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion, or guests may be asked to leave the hotel.
Lost / Damaged property
Should any guest lose any belongings during their stay or incur damage to their property, the provision of the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 will apply, a copy of which is displayed in reception. If we find any lost property, we will make every reasonable effort to locate the owner and return it, but if we cannot locate the owner and an item is not reclaimed with 3 months of the guest’s departure it will be disposed of by the hotel.
Should you wish to make a group booking with us (over 3 bedrooms or 6 guests) we advise you to contact us directly. We are a reasonably small hotel and wish to provide a safe, quiet, calm environment for all of our guests. We therefore do not accept single sex parties, hen or stag groups or similar and reserve the right to refuse to provide bedrooms to such groups unless prior permission has been sought. Depending upon the size of the group and we may insist on additional pre-payments, deposits or guarantees being provided.
Small pets are allowed to stay in some but not all of our bedrooms although size and breed restrictions do apply. Please contact the hotel in advance of your stay or booking to request that you may be able to bring your pet. There is a daily cleaning charge per pet of £15 to ensure that future guests with allergies have no problems after your departure.As per the above policy on damage we reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage caused by a pet.
For the safety and comfort of all our guests, you are kindly requested to follow some simple rules during your stay with your pet:
Pets must not be left unattended in room should you be going offsite.
It is important to respect other hotel guests, should we receive a complaint from a guest your pet will not be allowed to stay on the property.
Keep your dog on a leash on the hotel grounds at all times.
Please pick up after your pet.
Pets are not allowed in restaurant.
Guide dogs for the visually impaired are allowed everywhere at no extra cost.
By registering or placing an order on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information that we collect from you:
- When you visit, register or order products or services on www.churchillhotel.com you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information.
- We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
- To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
Use of your Information:
- Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you when necessary concerning your orders. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
Disclosure of your Information:
- The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know at email@example.com
- Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
- Unless required or permitted to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security and Data Retention:
- We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Cookies are extremely useful as they can quicken up the web journey for you and can also allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Listed below, is an outline of the cookies used on our website. If you would like any further information, we recommend the following source: http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx
Necessary cookies to allow your customer journey
Some cookies are essential to your web journey to enable to you to access secure parts of the website, this would include making an online booking, taking an e-payment or an online enquiry. Without cookies, you would be unable to do these purchases online.
Analytical tracking cookies to allow us to improve your experience
Our tracking cookies collect information anonymously about how you browse and use our website, what pages you visit, how you entered the site and where you left it. This data is anonymous and not specific to you yet helps us to make improvements to your web experience by identifying pages where more visitors may be exiting the website or where visitors may be struggling to find necessary information.
Marketing cookies to measure performance
Our marketing cookies allow us to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns, for example our email marketing. They collect data anonymously of general visit patterns and trends to understand the likes and dislikes of our consumers. They are also used to target you with relevant information specific to your browser activity and which pages you visit on the website.
Managing your cookies
You will be able to use the Help menu bar on most browsers to get information on how to block or prevent cookies. This will give you information on how to disable cookies altogether, however it should be noted that this will stop you being able to do simple e-commerce functions on the Jorvik House website and we strongly recommend that you leave your cookies enabled, so that we can continue to help evolve websites and your user experience.
- All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All information is retained on our secure servers.